Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes (SWNTs) decorated with platinum were synthesized for hydrogen storage applications. Platinum was deposited on the nanotubes using hexachloroplatinic acid (H2PtCl6·6H2O) as a precursor. Commercial SWNTs were also used to compare the results. The obtained SWNTs/Pt nanocomposite was characterized by various techniques such as powder X-ray diffractrometry (XRD), Raman Spectroscopy and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM). Furthermore, in the case of SWNTs/Pt, Pt nanoparticles are found to be uniformly dispersed and bound to the SWNTs acting like a single atom catalyst.
- 1. B. H. Steele and A. Heinzel, Nature 414, 345–352 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1038/35104620, Google Scholar
- 2. M. Yongyan, L. Hanpu, H. Jinsong, L. Jiang and L. Wan, J. Mater. Chem. B 109, 22212–22216 (2005). Google Scholar
- 3. Z. Chen, Z. Guan, M. Li, Q. Yang, and C. Li, Angew. Chem. 123, 5015–5019 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1002/ange.201006870, Google Scholar
- 4. H. Xu, S. J. Zuend, M. G. Woll, Y. Tao, E. N. Jacobsen, Science 327, 986–990 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1182826, Google Scholar
- 5. H. Tong, H. L. Li, X. G. Zhang, Carbon 45, 2424–2432 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2007.06.028, Google Scholar
- 6. L. Li, Z. Zheng, Y. Ren, G. X. Chen and Q. Li, RSC Adv. 6, 82726 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1039/C6RA17094C, Google Scholar
- 7. X. Feng, W. gao, S. Zhou, H. Shi, H. Huang and W. Song, Anal. Chim. Acta, 805, 36–44 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2013.10.044, Google Scholar
- 8. T. Burgi, A. Baiker, Acc. Chem. Res. 37, 909–917 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1021/ar040072l, Google Scholar
- 9. A. C. Dillon, M. J. Heben, Apply. Phys. A 72, 133–142 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1007/s003390100788, Google Scholar
- 10. S. H. Hsieha, M. C. Hsub, W. L. Liua and W.J. Chen, Apply. Surf. Sci. 277, 223–230 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2013.04.029, Google Scholar
- © 2018 Author(s).
Published by AIP Publishing.
Please Note: The number of views represents the full text views from December 2016 to date. Article views prior to December 2016 are not included.