The overcompleteness of the
coherent states for the Heisenberg–Weyl group implies that many different integral kernels can be used to represent the same operator. Within such an equivalence class we construct an integral kernel to represent the quantum‐mechanical evolution operator for certain dynamical systems in the form of a path integral that involves genuine (Wiener) measures on continuous phase‐space paths. To achieve this goal it is necessary to employ an expression for the classical action different from the usual one.
- 1. See, e.g., J. R. Klauder, Acta Phys. Austriaca, Suppl. XXII, 3 (1980). Google Scholar
- 2. S. Albeverio and R. Ho/egh‐Kröhn, Mathematical Theory of Feynman Path Integrals, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, No. 523 (Springer, Berlin, 1976). Google Scholar
- 3. Ph. Combe, R. Ho/egh‐Kröhn, R. Rodrigues, M. Sirugue, and M. Sirugue‐Collin, Commun. Math. Phys. 77, 269 (1980); Google Scholar
Ph. Combe, R. Ho/egh‐Kröhn, R. Rodrigues, M. Sirugue, and M. Sirugue‐Collin, J. Math. Phys. 23, 405 (1982); , Google Scholar
see also Proceedings of the International Workshop “Functional Integration: Theory and Applications,” edited by J. P. Antoine and E. Tirapegui (Plenum, New York, 1980). , Google Scholar
- 4. J. R. Klauder and I. Daubechies, Phys. Rev. Lett. 48, 117 (1982); Google Scholar
see also “Wiener Measures for Quantum Mechanical Path Integrals,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop Stochastic Processes in Quantum Theory and Statistical Physics: Recent Progress and Applications, Lecture Notes in Physics (Springer, New York) (to be published). , Google Scholar
- 5. See, e.g., J. R. Klauder and E. C. G. Sudarshan, Fundamentals of Quantum Optics (Benjamin, New York, 1968), Chap. 7. Google Scholar
- 6. J. McKenna and J. R. Klauder, J. Math. Phys. 5, 878 (1964). Google Scholar,
- 7. See, e.g., B. Simon, Functional Integration and Quantum Mechanics, (Academic, New York, 1979). Google Scholar
- 8. D. Kastler, Commun. Math. Phys. 1, 14 (1965). Google Scholar
- 9. A. Grossmann, Commun. Math. Phys. 48, 191 (1976). Google Scholar,
- 10. J. R. Klauder, “Constructing measures for spin‐variable path integrals,” J. Math. Phys. 23, 1797 (1982). Google Scholar
- © 1982 American Institute of Physics.
Please Note: The number of views represents the full text views from December 2016 to date. Article views prior to December 2016 are not included.